* Iran Says Patriots in Turkey Are Meant to Protect Israel The deployment of Patriot missiles in Turkey is designed to protect Israel from Iranian threats, Iran charges.
* Deathwatch for dictator a timebomb in Venezuela Venezuela's ruling Partido Socialista Unido de Venezuela (United Socialist Party: PSUV) has, since mid-December 2012, been working on devising a plan to initiate President-elect Hugo ChÃvez Frias' new term in office without the president necessarily being physically able to govern.
* Egypt's Morsi remakes cabinet, increasing Islamist presence Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi rebuilt his cabinet Sunday, replacing 10 ministers and amplifying the Islamist presence in the government.
* Syrians expect war after Assad's speech of peace Hours after president addresses cheering loyalists, clashes raged in the Syrian capital; cabinet present plan to solve crisis.
* IN PICTURES: Israel battered by storms Israelis brace themselves for a week of torrential rains, thunderous winds; Modi'in mall flooded; snow expected Wednesday in J'lem.
* Morsi: Syrians must decide how to punish Assad Egyptian president pledges support for Syrian people, says he believes they will ultimately defeat embattled Syrian president.
* Israel to build 43-mile security fence in Golan Heights Israel is to build a 43-mile security fence along the armistice line of the occupied Golan Heights to prevent incursions by Islamist militants currently fighting against President Bashar al-Assad's regime in Syria.
* President Obama to pick Chuck Hagel for Pentagon President Barack Obama has settled on Chuck Hagel, a Republican and former U.S. senator from Nebraska, to succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, with an announcement expected Monday, Democratic officials told POLITICO.
* Shilo Find May Show It was Sacked by Philistines Evidence of destruction confirms conjecture that Shilo was destroyed after Even Ha'ezer war.
* Abbas: 'Mufti is My Hero' Palestinian Authority chief Mahmoud Abbas spoke glowingly last Friday of the 'legacy' of infamous Nazi collaborator Hajj Amin al-Husseini,