* Israel's population nears 9 million - including 6.6 million Jews More than 6.6 million Jews living in Israel on eve of 2019, along with nearly 1.9 million Arabs.
* Brazil moving its embassy to Jerusalem matter of 'when, not if': Netanyahu Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that Brazil's President-elect Jair Bolsonaro told him that it was a matter of "when, not if" he moves his country's embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.
* Top 10 Headlines of 2018: The Palestinians A year of highlights and lowlights in Israel: The Palestinians.
* Israeli Intelligence: Tehran's Influence in the Region - A Growing Threat "Iran could use its growing clout in Iraq to turn the Arab country into a springboard for attacks against Israel."
* 'I Gazed Upon a Hebrew Scroll Not Read for 2,000 Years' In 1946 or 1947 - no one knows for certain - a Bedouin goatherd nicknamed Muhammad the Wolf led his flock around the cliffs lining the northwest edge of the Dead Sea.
* Government said set to approve long-stalled Red Sea-Dead Sea canal project Minister responsible for talks on joint initiative with Jordan says approving plan will 'strengthen the peace' between Jerusalem and Amman.
* Brexit, tariffs, populism could buffet Europe in 2019 2019 is set to be a year of major change for Europe, with big decisions that will affect the continent's economy.
* Report: Russia Threatens Israel With Missile Attack In response to an Israeli airstrike in Syria last Tuesday, Russia threatened to respond to further Israeli action in Syria with surface-to-surface missiles against targets inside Israel.
* Top 10 Headlines of 2018: Settlements A year of highlights and lowlights in Israel: The West Bank and the settlers.
* Biblical Archaeology's Top 10 Discoveries of 2018 Each year, on an almost daily basis, archaeological discoveries help us better understand the Bible and affirm its details about people, events, and culture.