* Temple Altar Construction Begins on Day of Destruction The Temple Institute has already built several of the Temple vessels such as the Ark and the menorah.
* Islamist death 'good for Nigeria' A Nigerian government minister has expressed relief at the death of an Islamic sect leader, Mohammed Yusuf.
* Jewish, Not Arab, Roots in Judea and Samaria US Pres. Obama's demand that Israel not settle Jews in the Biblical areas of Judea and Samaria ignores thoroughly-documented Jewish roots in the Land of Israel.
* Israel says Gaza war 'necessary' An Israeli government report has said that the Israeli military campaign in Gaza earlier this year was "necessary and proportionate".
* Holy Temple Festival in Samaria A first-of-its-kind all-night Holy Temple Festival will be held Saturday night in the Jewish town of Tapuach in Samaria.
* Israel ranked one of world's least peaceful states For the third year in a row, Israel fared very poorly in the Global Peace Index, being placed just 141 out of 144 countries, and ranked more peaceful than only Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia.
* Iran blames West for protester deaths The Iranian foreign minister is blaming foreign countries for the deaths of opposition supporters in Iran's post-election turmoil.
* Iran president: No rift with supreme leader President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says there is no rift between him and Iran's supreme leader, lashing back at criticism from within his own hard-line camp.
* U.S. troops accused of damaging Babylon's ancient wonder The U.S. military did major damage to the site of one of the wonders of the ancient world while converting it into a base.
* Afghan civilian deaths increase The number of civilians killed in the conflict in Afghanistan so far this year has risen 24% compared with the same period last year.