* With songs and pageantry, nation transitions from mourning to celebration Fourteen women representing a broad cross-section of Israeli society light 12 ceremonial torches at Mount Herzl event marking start of 66th Independence Day.
* Iranian navy chief: We aim to destroy the US Navy The naval commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi, said Monday that the destruction of the US Navy is a major operational goal.
* Israelis jam-pack parks, army bases in celebration of Independence Day Hundreds of thousands of Israelis are expected to flock to the nation's parks, hiking trails, recreational areas, museums, and army bases in celebration of the country's 66th Independence Day.
* Yom Haatzmaut 2014: 66 Israeli Heroes Share a Powerful Message Celebrate Israeli Independence Day with 66 Israeli heroes sharing a powerful message!
* Ukraine crisis: Russia rules out new Geneva talks Russia's foreign minister has ruled out holding a new round of talks in Geneva.
* Iran: Naval drills 'build and blow up' replica US ships ran has been building replicas of US warships for years - to practice blowing them up.
* Egypt's el-Sisi vows to finish off the Muslim Brotherhood if elected Egypt's former military chief doesn't mince words when he describes what would happen if he wins this month's presidential vote.
* Swastika 'price tag' scrawled on tombstone of Rabbi in the Galilee A swastika was scrawled with spray paint on the tombstone of Rabbi Halafta outside the Arab village of Maghar.
* Obama's Last Shot - Climate Change - and Why It's Doomed to Fail The bad news - inevitably - is that the news is very bad: more heat, more extreme weather, more drought, everything worse than ever before.
* US 'outrage' as calls grow to help rescue Nigeria schoolgirls The US says it considers the abduction of more than 200 Nigerian schoolgirls by Islamist militants "an outrage".