* Turkish air strikes against Afrin Kurds. Assad opens roads to Kurdish reinforcements Russian and American army chiefs conferred urgently Saturday, Jan. 20, about Turkey’s escalating assault on Kurdish Afrin in N. Syria.
* Pentagon Shifts Strategic Focus from Terrorism to Nation States Mattis to bolster nuclear, conventional forces against China and Russia
* More Wrangling Between Trump and Israel Over Transfer of US Embassy Earlier this week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, sporting a big smile, told reporters that the US Embassy would be moving to Jerusalem "much faster than people think, within a year from today."
* Pence kicks off Middle East tour in Egypt amid Arab anger over Jerusalem US vice president to meet with Sissi in Cairo before heading to Jordan, Israel; no talks with Palestinians, who are boycotting the US vice president.
* The Big Palestinian Lie End the “Palestinian” occupation of Israel.
* Turkish And Syrian Threats In Afrin Put U.S., Russia In A Bind On Friday, Turkey increased its shelling of the Kurdish-held Afrin enclave in northern Syria.
* U.S Government Shuts Down After budgets are not approved, what the White House refers to it as 'the Schumer Shutdown' begins.
* Iran's leader accuses Saudis of 'treasonous collaboration with Israel' In light of reports of covert Saudi-Israeli relations, Saudi kingdom's arch-nemesis Iranian Ayatollah Khamenei says, 'Saudi Arabia cooperating with US, Zionist regime to fight against Muslims, committing treason.'
* Rabbi Yehudah Glick: We Invented the Western Wall 50 Years Ago Member of Knesset Rabbi Yehuda Glick (Likud) participated in a panel discussion at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya concerning the Western Wall, surprising many with his comment that he had “quite a few problems with the Western Wall”.ion for the holy site.
* Abbas’ ultimatum to Trump: Choose between a Palestinian Jerusalem or war Palestinian Mahmoud Abbas kicked back hard after grasping he was confronted with an orderly, Arab-backed US peace plan that left his strategy in ruins.