* US races Russia for military positions in NE Syria, including new air bases Exclusive: A large influx of US troops is entering northeastern Syria this month to counter new Russian plans.
* Netanyahu:'Iran is a threat to the whole world - time to wake up' 'Europe, quit stalling and take action!' says Netanyahu, vowing that Israel will never let Iran acquire nuclear weapons.
* Fatah: 'We'll defend our holy sites with our blood and souls' Abbas: 'Crucial moment demands every Palestinian present themselves immediately to quickly discuss fate of eternal capital Jerusalem.'
* Hamas Bans Rally to Commemorate Yasser Arafat Fatah and Hamas have been holding indirect negotiations on PA President Mahmoud Abbas's initiative to hold new Palestinian parliamentary and presidential elections.
* China Holds Contest to Build Flying 'Iron Man' Military Suit China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) could one day get an "iron man" suit that will provide soldiers with "heavy firepower, special armor, and flying capability," according to a report by the state propaganda outlet Global Times on Wednesday.
* New, venomous fish penetrates Med, threatening local species With no natural predators in the Mediterranean, the beautiful but voracious lionfish - one of 100 alien fish species off Israel's western coast - are reproducing like wildfire.
* Joint medical drill boosts Israel's ties with NATO NATO forces, Israeli Navy, and trauma center from Israel's Rambam Hospital hold joint medical drill in port city of Haifa.
* Mike Pompeo: Iran Positioning Itself for Rapid Nuclear Break-Out "Iran's expansion of proliferation-sensitive activities raises concerns that Iran is positioning itself to have the option of a rapid nuclear breakout," Pompeo said in a statement.
* Historian: New evidence shows FDR's bigotry derailed many Holocaust rescue plans In his book about Franklin Roosevelt and the Holocaust, Rafael Medoff finds links between the US president's anti-Japanese stances and his policies against Jews fleeing Hitler.
* U.S. Zionist Congress 2020 Elections: What are they and why are they so important? Many consider the World Zionist Congress the "parliament of the Jewish people."