* Clinton and Trump offer diverse ME scenarios Whoever is elected US president on Nov. 8, he or she will land in the middle of a foreign policy shambles and face a pressing need to rebuild America's fences in most parts of the world, including the war-ridden, messy Middle East.
* US on alert for terror strikes around elections Following threats from Al Qaeda and ISIS, US security authorities have warned officials in New York, Texas and Virginia about possible attacks by al Qaeda or ISIS in the run-up to Election Day on Nov. 8. No specific locations were mentioned.
* Russian battle group reaches Mediterranean after 'causing stir' in the West (VIDEO) A Russian naval group, headed by the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier and the battle cruiser Peter the Great, has made its way into the Mediterranean, causing quite a stir in the West, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
* Islamic State leader: 'Jews, Christians, Shiite heretics' are giving everything to fight against jihad Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi thinks that the 'People of the Book,' as well as the Shia, are giving their all to destroy his caliphate.
* Half of Russians fear Syria standoff could spark WW3, poll shows Almost half of all respondents in a recent Russian opinion poll said they feared that the aggravation of relations between Russia and the West caused by the ongoing crisis in Syria could develop into a global military conflict.
* The KGB's Middle East Files: Palestinians in the service of Mother Russia Secret KGB documents reveal just how deeply involved the Soviet Union was in the spilling of Israeli blood.
* Leaked document shows makeup of an Islamic State fighting unit As ISIS battles to retain control over their last stronghold in Iraq, newly leaked document shows just how much of a conventional army it is.
* Manhunt in Jordan for killers of 3 US servicemen Jordanian forces, along with US special forces and helicopters, are engaged in a massive manhunt for the Islamist gunmen who murdered three US military trainers and seriously injured others Friday, Nov. 4 at the Prince Faisal Air Base near the southern Jordanian town of Al-Jafr.
* Iran congratulates Lebanese presidential victor The Iranian Foreign Ministry congratulated on Monday election of Michael Aoun as president of Lebanon, expressing hopes for increasing relations between Tehran and Beirut.
* Obama: Don't Destroy the Peace Process by Turning it Over to the U.N. The Obama Administration is sending strong signals that once the election is over it may make a major push to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at the United Nations.