* Gulf normalization isn’t about fearing Iran, it’s about embracing Israel An off-the-record conversation between Emirati and Israeli officials reveals a deeper impulse for forging ties than the immediate benefits each country has won for itself.
* US Special Advisor to Middle East, Brian Hook: No more peace deals if Biden appeases Iran Hook says Trump only succeeded in brokering deals due to "restoring the military option as a deterrent."
* Netanyahu to Visit Egypt on Official Trip: A Cold Peace Warming Up? While in one direction – toward the Gulf – Israeli and Emirati and Bahrain businessmen are making deals, expanding trade, encouraging investments in each other’s countries, promoting tourism in both directions, now that the two Arab states have agreed to normalize ties with Israel – in the other direction, toward Egypt, with which Israel has had a “cold peace” since 1979, a major warming may at last be taking place.
* Ishmael Reunites with Isaac as Gulf Muslims Light Menorah with Chief Rabbi in Jerusalem On Monday, an improbable sight appeared as delegations from the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, wearing traditional Arab garb, took part in the public lighting of the Hanukkah menorah at the Kotel (Western Wall) in Jerusalem.
* Israel’s historic missile test: A message to Iran, Hezbollah, allies Today’s warfare is not about hunting down terrorists in buildings or using tanks, it is also about confronting hi-tech missiles and drones.
* A pandemic atlas: A virus widens Israel's religious rifts When Israel went into its second nationwide coronavirus lockdown in September, most of the country quickly complied with the closure.
* World Economic Forum Wants Government, Central Banks, Big Business to Help ‘Vaccinate the World’ The World Economic Forum (WEF) believes a management triumvirate comprising big business, central banks and government can play a “pivitol role” in the global take-up of coronavirus vaccinations.
* Turkish media vows to take over Tel Aviv, calls opposition ‘terrorists’ Vows to destroy Israel, “liberate Al-Aqsa,” and spread anti-Zionist and antisemitic comments have become normal in Turkey.
* Tlaib: Georgia runoff is gift from ‘Allah’ to show Muslim power “I also hope you realize just the opportunity here that Allah has given us to show the power of Muslims in Georgia,” said Rep. Rashida Tlaib.
* East Africa fears second wave - of locust swarms New swarms of desert locusts are threatening the livelihoods of millions of people in the Horn of Africa and Yemen despite a year of control efforts, the United Nations has warned.