* Russia Threatens Nukes in Crimea In December 2014 Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told Russia's Interfax news agency that because Crimea had been absorbed into Russia and was no longer part of Ukraine.
* US Islamic State hostage Kayla Mueller confirmed dead The US has confirmed the death of aid worker Kayla Mueller, the last American hostage known to be held by Islamic State (IS) militants in Syria.
* U.S. Embassy Met With Group Trying to Influence Israeli Elections Top officials at the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv met in late January with one of the main progressive groups working to tip the upcoming Israeli elections against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
* Raymond Ibrahim - Muslim Persecution of Christians: A 1,400 Year Saga The one glaring fact concerning the persecution of approximately 100 million Christians around the world today is that the overwhelming majority of it is being committed by Muslims of all races, nationalities, languages, and socio-political circumstances.
* Speechless on Iranian Nukes A bad deal on Iranian nukes would be so catastrophic to global security that presidential resistance to a related speech - by the leader of an allied democracy, who may be the greatest expert on the issue - should leave everyone speechless.
* Sinai terrorists linked with ISIS decapitate 10 alleged Israeli spies An Islamic-State-linked group beheaded 10 men accused of spying for Israel and Egypt in a gruesome video posted online, Egyptian media reported Tuesday.
* Ukraine conflict: Battles rage ahead of Minsk talks Fighting has surged in eastern Ukraine as government forces and pro-Russian rebels try to make gains ahead of expected peace talks on Wednesday.
* Russia's Putin in Cairo for meetings with Egypt's Al-Sisi Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in Cairo on Monday for two days of meetings with his Egyptian counterpart, with both sides eager to strengthen ties and highlight their alliance.
* Did You Catch the 'Satanic' Religious Theme That Popped Up During the Grammys? If you were watching the Grammy Awards closely last night, you might have noticed a common theme pop up a few times during the show: the presence of horns.
* Jordan conducts 56 air raids against ISIS in 3 days: 'We will wipe them off the face of the Earth' Jordan's air force chief said on Sunday his country's jet fighters had conducted 56 bombing raids in three days against Islamic State militants in northeast Syria, targeting key bases and arms depots.