* Christians gather for Easter Sunday celebrations in Jerusalem Thousands of Christians from around the world gathered at Jerusalem holy sites to celebrate Easter Sunday, marking the day with prayer and hymns.
* 'Gaza attacks hasten Israel's demise' Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad cautioned on Saturday against attacking the Gaza Strip.
* US: No military solution to conflict The US State Department released a statement Friday night intended to calm the spirits in Israel and the Gaza Strip following the recent upsurge in violence there.
* In Turkey, Proposed Changes Aim at Old Guard Turkey's governing party moved this week to further reduce the power of the country's staunchly secular old guard.
* 'Iran got nuke gear from Chinese firm' Iran recently managed to obtain equipment critical to its uranium enrichment efforts, and which is banned by UN sanctions against the country, through a Chinese company.
* President Obama to meet 11 heads of state in Prague US President Barack Obama is to meet 11 Central and East European leaders in Prague next week.
* Iraq gunmen kill at least 25 in attack on Sunni village Iraqi gunmen have killed 25 people believed to be linked to Sunni militias opposing al-Qaeda.
* Outrage at anti-Semitism comparison by Pope preacher Jewish groups and victims of sex abuse by Catholic priests have condemned the Pope's preacher for comparing criticism of the pontiff to anti-Semitism.
* Hamas 'working to curb Gaza rocket attacks' Leaders of the Hamas militant movement which controls the Gaza Strip have said they are working to curb rocket attacks against Israel by smaller factions.
* Putin signs energy deals with Chavez on Venezuela visit Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has signed a series of key energy deals with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez during a visit to the capital, Caracas.