* 'Iran, Syria are united against Palestine's enemies' Iran and Syria are united against the internationally-backed enemies of Palestine, Iranian Vice President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi said.
* Spain downgraded as eurozone turmoil spreads Spain on Wednesday (28 April) became the latest eurozone country to suffer a credit rating downgrade.
* Baghdad recount will take an estimated 2-3 weeks Recounting all the ballots from the key Baghdad province will take around two to three weeks, Iraq's election commission said Thursday.
* Mideast nearing 'explosion,' Jordan's Abdullah says Jordan's King Abdullah II warned Thursday that the situation in the Middle East could "explode" due to Israel's building of settlements in East Jerusalem.
* Obama promised Abbas a Palestinian state within two years U.S. President Barack Obama told Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas that he was committed to seeing the creation of a sovereign Palestinian state within two years.
* Bibi be gone: Obama team plotting overthrow of Israel's Netanyahu The administration of President Barack Obama has launched what officials termed a psychological warfare campaign meant to topple Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
* Egyptian envoy: Peace with PA possible within year Egypt's Ambassador to Israel Yasser Rida expressed his optimism Wednesday regarding the prospects of signing a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians.
* Jerusalem mayor shunned by top US officials The US Administration rejected Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat's request to meet with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Special Mideast Envoy George Mitchell.
* ADL: Stop Arizona-Holocaust analogies The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) on Thursday said that it is disturbed by the use of analogies to Nazis and the Holocaust in reaction to the recently-passed law in Arizona.
* Lieberman: Scuds threaten stability Syria is transferring missiles to Hezbollah, and the foreign minister is not happy.