* Paris attacks: Hollande blames Islamic State for 'act of war' The near-simultaneous attacks in Paris that killed at least 128 people were an "act of war" organised by the Islamic State (IS) militant group, French President Francois Hollande says.
* World leaders pledge solidarity with France in wake of deadly terror attack "Our hearts go out to the French people and to all those who lost loved ones. We stand with you, united," UK Prime Minister David Cameron said.
* ISIS claims responsibility for Paris terror attacks Islamic State releases an official statement.
* Russia said to deploy advanced missile system in Syria Report claims Moscow put S-400 missile battery in Latakia, capable of hitting targets 400 kilometers away.
* Syria talks in Vienna overshadowed by Paris massacre World and regional powers will discuss the Syrian peace process in Vienna on Saturday, as the world struggles to cope with the terrorist attacks in Paris. Islamic State, one of the key players in the Syrian conflict, claims responsibility for the crime.
* Russia heightens security following Paris attack, ISIS threats "In light of the new threats, the entire national security network has been put on high alert," Russia's Anti-Terrorist Committee said in a statement.
* Iran trying to set up its own terror group in Gaza With Hezbollah as its model, Al-Sabirin recruiting an initial intended force of 400, Israel's Channel 2 reports.
* Tony Blair kicks off solo Mideast peace mission Former British prime minister says he'll be putting his 8 years of diplomacy to work to help 'so many' positive things happen.
* Jordanian officials arrive to set stage for Temple Mount cameras Officials from Ministry of Religious Endowments to inspect technical side of setting up CCTV system on holy site.
* Battle for Sinjar: IS-held town in Iraq 'liberated' Kurdish fighters have regained control of the strategic Iraqi town of Sinjar which had been held by Islamic State (IS) militants since last year.