* Israel Crosses into Gaza after Bombing Attempt Israeli tanks and bulldozers crossed several hundred feet into Gaza Tuesday afternoon and killed one terrorist.
* Jews Must Flee Holland in 2011 During last summer, a monumental tree trunk collapsed in Amsterdam.
* Iran: Sanctions won't stop nuclear drive Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday that Teheran is making steady progress in its nuclear program.
* 'European countries may recognize Palestinian state' Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) chief Yuval Diskin said on Tuesday that he believed that international recognition of a Palestinian state will spread.
* Medvedev: As we did in 1988, Russia still recognizes an independent Palestine Russian President Dmitry Medvedev endorsed a Palestinian state on Tuesday, saying Moscow had recognized independence in 1988.
* PM determined to advance peace talks Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is determined to speed up the dialogue with the United States in a bid to renew the regional peace process.
* EU intelligence services opening up to collaboration EU member states' intelligence services are among the most jealously-guarded national assets despite five decades of integration.
* New Year message: 'Geriatric' EU needs 'vigorous' Turkey Turkish leader Recep Tayip Erodgan has lambasted the EU as a spent force on the international stage.
* Tunisia coalition hits trouble on day two Tunisia's new coalition government hit trouble on Tuesday when four ministers quit and an opposition party threatened to walk out.
* Will Obama and Hu Jintao Find Middle Ground? One Chinese saying about the country's ties with the U.S. goes like this: the U.S. and China are too dependent on one another for their relationship to be terribly bad.