* 'Hizbullah making preparations to seize power in Beirut' Sources in Lebanon said that Hizbullah is preparing to seize power in Beirut.
* US Elections 2010: Voting under way in key poll battle President Barack Obama's Democratic Party is expected to lose its majority in the House of Representatives.
* Cameron and Sarkozy hail UK-France defence treaties David Cameron has said new treaties on defence and nuclear co-operation with France marked a "new chapter" in a long history of defence cooperation.
* Al Qaida's Arab Peninsula division has launched three strikes against U.S. in a year The interception of two Al Qaida bombs by United Arab Emirates and Britain marked the third attempted mass-casualty strike by Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula.
* Four of Five Jews: Arabs Would Destroy Israel if They Could Even as the US, EU and other world powers continue to press Israel to reach a peace treaty with the Palestinian Authority, a new poll shows that Israeli Jews have no illusions about the worth of such a document.
* Fayyad: Jerusalem suburbs will one day be part of Palestinian capital Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad declared Tuesday that the suburbs of Jerusalem would one day be part of the eternal Palestinian capital.
* Sudan seen going to war to preempt referendum in non-Muslim South Sudan, facing the prospect of southern secession, could be plunged into another civil war.
* Palestinians weigh Islamic indoctrination for undisciplined U.S.-trained forces The Palestinian Authority, alarmed by a decline in discipline, has been examining the introduction of Islamic doctrine in the security forces.
* Looking for Investments, China Turns to Europe When Prime Minister Wen Jiabao of China visited Athens last month, he came bearing gifts: billions of dollars worth of business deals.
* Yemen launches major operations to find bomb-maker Yemeni authorities have launched a major military and intelligence operation in the search for a bomb-making suspect.