* Ya'alon: 'No chance of peace with Palestinians' Minister of Strategic Affairs Moshe Ya'alon on Tuesday voiced pessimism regarding peace talks with the Palestinians.
* Palestinian official: PA will never recognize Israel as Jewish state The Palestinian Authority will never recognize Israel as a Jewish state.
* U.S. Alarmed by Harsh Tone of China’s Military Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates met his Chinese counterpart, Liang Guanglie, in Vietnam on Monday.
* Papal Session on Muslim Terror Starts By Blasting Israelis Pope Benedict XVI convened a synod (meeting) of Middle Eastern bishops to discuss the attacks on the Catholic church in Muslim lands.
* Muslim Brotherhood slogan in Egypt elections: 'Islam is the solution' The Islamic opposition intends to expand its participation in Egypt's parliamentary elections.
* EU opposition to Turkish accession is 'racist,' Chomsky says The real reason for the EU rejecting Turkey's membership is "racism," US linguist and philosopher Noam Chomsky has told a Turkish newspaper.
* Chilling tips in al-Qaeda magazine Al-Qaeda's offshoot in Yemen has launched the second edition of its online, English-language magazine.
* New record: 2.5 million tourists in Israel since January Tourism Minister Stas Meseznikov announces determination to target new markets to bring tourists to Israel, including Muslim ones.
* Dollar falls as 'currency war' concerns linger The dollar fell against the euro and yen on Monday after the world's top finance officials failed to reach a consensus.
* Fossils of earliest land plants discovered in Argentina The earliest plants to have colonised land have been found in Argentina.