* Iranian FM: Israel behind planned Koran burning Israel is behind a US Reverend's planned Koran burning, Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said.
* Afghan Protests Against Koran Burning Turn Violent Numerous protests broke out in Afghanistan on Friday and two of them turned violent in response to plans by a Florida pastor to burn copies of the Koran.
* US must deal with domestic radical problem The US was slow to take seriously the threat posed by homegrown radicals and the government has failed to put systems in place to deal with the growing phenomenon.
* Iran: Talks cover-up for Zionist crimes Iranian spiritual leader Ali Khamenei said Friday during an Eid al-Fitr sermon marking the end of Ramadan, "The US and the West have convened a meeting in order to observe the oppression of the Palestinian people and then call it a peace summit?
* Jordan sealing its borders with Syria and Iraq in project financed by U.S. The State Department has reported that Jordan is succeeding in a project to enhance its borders, particularly with Syria.
* Russia OKs advanced cruise missile sale to Syria The Kremlin has approved the sale of an anti-ship missile to the Syrian Navy.
* Unlike the more philosophical USSR, China is preparing for World War One of the origins of human society can be traced to slavery.
* Turks head to polls for constitutionl reform vote Turkish voters head to the polls on Sunday (12 September) to vote on a constitutional reform package.
* Ashton nominations, Israel to come up at EU ministers' meeting EU foreign ministers meeting in Brussels on Friday and Saturday (10 and 11 September) are likely to discuss the carve up of senior posts in the EU's diplomatic corps.
* 'French envoy to visit Damascus, push Israel-Syria talks' French President Nicolas Sarkozy will send his envoy Jean Claude Cousseran to Damascus at the beginning of next week.