* Ahmadinejad convoy attacked in suspected assassination attempt Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was unharmed by an attack with a homemade explosive device on his motorcade during a visit to the western city of Hamadan on Wednesday.
* Iran official: We have obtained the S-300 missile system A semiofficial Iranian news agency says Iran has obtained four S-300 surface-to-air missiles despite Russia's refusal to deliver them.
* Russia carriers seen docking in Syria by 2013 Russia is proceeding with plans to enable major warships to anchor in Syria.
* Egypt Says Gaza-Based Terrorists Fired on Eilat from Sinai Egyptian security sources admitted Wednesday that Monday’s rocket attack on Eilat was launched from within its territory in the Sinai.
* Lebanon: We fired first at IDF unit near Israel border The Lebanese Army was first to open fire in the recent fatal border clash with Israel Defense Forces soldiers.
* Neighbors / Who needs the Taliban? Can the tens of thousands of documents on the Afghan war revealed on the WikiLeaks website serve as evidence for putting the site's founder and director on trial?
* Facebook page decries 'Jewish invasion' A Facebook page noting the increased presence of Orthodox Jews in the Irish town of Midleton appeared online earlier this week.
* Exploding star 'viewed in 3D' Astronomers have for the first time obtained a 3D view of the aftermath of a star exploding (which is known as a supernova).
* Why is Lebanon So Tense? Lebanese leaders referred to Israeli "aggression" -- a "violation of Lebanese sovereignty" in which an Israeli patrol crossed into Lebanon to trim trees.
* IAEA may send inspectors to Syria The IAEA may consider a special inspection of Syria to answer nagging questions over its nuclear activities.