* Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defences to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Iran’s nuclear facilities.
* Spain wants 'strong EU front' on Gaza Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero told Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas Saturday his country wants a "strong, joint EU position on the siege on Gaza and the humanitarian situation there".
* Abbas not truthful to Obama; denies PA incitement Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas was not being honest when he said to President Obama this week that the PA was not continuing its incitement against Israel.
* EU logo prominent in PA TV quiz in which "Palestine" replaces Israel Palestinian Authority TV displayed the EU logo on the TV screen as background to a quiz question that denied Israel's existence.
* Van Rompuy planning 'foreign policy' summit EU leaders are to gather for a special meeting in September to discuss the foreign policy objectives of the Union.
* Russia: Sanctions ban S-300 missiles The new UN sanctions prevent Russia from delivering S-300 air-defense missiles to Iran.
* Ahmadinejad: Obama made a big mistake US President Barack Obama made a "big mistake" in seeking to punish Iran over its nuclear program.
* Euro to hit dollar parity in 2011, if still exists: analyst The euro is set to sink to parity with the dollar in 2011 because of the slow pace of economic recovery in Europe.
* Kyrgyz leader asks Russia to restore order in Osh Kyrgyzstan's interim government has asked Russia to help end ethnic clashes in the southern city of Osh, in which more than 60 people have been killed.
* Hezbollah: Lebanon ungrateful to Tehran Hezbollah criticized the Lebanese government Saturday for abstaining from a UN vote on an additional round of sanctions on Iran.