* Iranian flotilla leaving for Gaza Half will be sent through Istanbul; Iranian MPs will fly to Gaza.
* Israel Gaza probe criticised by Turkey and Palestinians Israel's plans to hold an inquiry into its deadly raid on a convoy of Gaza-bound aid ships have been dismissed by Turkey and the Palestinians.
* U.S. Identifies Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves.
* Turkish Flag Flew over Temple Mount The Turkish flag was raised over the Temple Mount last week, following the flotilla clash while Jerusalem police banned Jews from holding the monthly march around the ancient gates of the holy site because of “security concerns.”
* Children Carry Guns for a U.S. Ally, Somalia Awil Salah Osman prowls the streets of this shattered city, looking like so many other boys, with ripped-up clothes, thin limbs and eyes eager for attention and affection.
* Middle Ages Haunt Middle East, Says Netanyahu The dark days of the Middle Ages "are raging” against Israel, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told Likud party Knesset Members.
* EU expected to back Israel's flotilla probe plan EU foreign ministers are likely to endorse Israel's model for an enquiry into the Gaza flotilla killings and to propose a new "mechanism" for letting aid into the Hamas-controlled strip.
* Iraqi parliament convenes, but no sign of a government A new parliament has convened in Iraq, more than three months after inconclusive elections.
* Iran cleric makes veiled call for nuclear arms The hardline spiritual mentor of Iran's president has made a rare public call for producing "special weapons" that are currently the monopoly of a few nations, in a reference to nuclear arms.
* The end of the world as we know it Forget man-made threats – the catalyst for the apocalypse will come from outer space, warns astronomer Chris Impey