* 'Israel aims to wipe out Palestinians' In a meeting with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday night, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez accused Israel of aiming to "exterminate" the Palestinians.
* Russia train crash 'caused by bomb' A bomb blast caused the Russian train crash in which at least 26 people were killed.
* PA intensifies attacks on settlement freeze The Palestinian Authority on Thursday stepped up its rhetorical attacks on Israel.
* UN chief urges leaders to 'seal deal' on climate change The United Nations chief has urged world leaders to "seal a deal" on climate change when they meet in Copenhagen next month.
* Iranian lawmaker: We may bar inspectors, withdraw from NPT Iran's parliament may consider withdrawing from the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
* Climategate e-mails sweep America, may scuttle Barack Obama's Cap and Trade laws Just a few considerations in addition to previous remarks about the explosion of the East Anglia Climategate e-mails in America.
* Russia and China Endorse Agency's Rebuke of Iran The United Nations nuclear watchdog demanded Friday that Iran immediately freeze operations at a once secret uranium enrichment plant.
* Dubai Debt Woes Raise Fear of Wider Problem Of the many economies that gorged on debt in the boom years, Dubai stood out.
* Tourism Min. pledges to keep developing West Bank sites, despite freeze Tourism Minister Stas Misezhnikov (Yisrael Beitenu) said Saturday that despite the cabinet's decision to temporarily freeze settlement construction, his ministry would continue to develop tourist sites in the West Bank.
* Herschel telescope 'fingerprints' colossal star The death throes of the biggest star known to science have been observed by Europe's new space telescope, Herschel.