* 'Iran Could Produce a Nuclear Bomb in Six Months' Iran can produce a nuclear bomb within six months, according to the German Intelligence Agency (BND).
* UK 'backs Blair for EU president' Tony Blair will be the UK's official candidate for EU president, Baroness Kinnock has apparently confirmed.
* Developing world calls for 'new world order' More than 50 heads of state from the developing world met Wednesday in Egypt to tackle the fallout from the global economic meltdown.
* Egypt's foreign minister meets Iranian counterpart Tensions between Iran and Egypt have lessened somewhat recently, with the two nations' foreign ministers meeting three times this week.
* Jerusalem Named #17 Best Tourist City An annual poll by the Travel and Leisure Magazine has named Jerusalem its 17th top city for tourists throughout the world.
* World Bank to give Palestinians $33.5m. in aid The World Bank on Tuesday announced plans to spend an additional $33.5 million on Palestinian infrastructure initiatives.
* Palestinians ban Al-Jazeera for airing Arafat conspiracy allegations The Palestinian Authority banned Al-Jazeera television from operating in its territory on Wednesday.
* Korean armies face off but repeat of war unlikely North Korea's barrage of missile tests and a recent underground nuclear blast have unnerved many South Koreans.
* In Israel, US envoy maps peace with Syria The arrival in Jerusalem of a US diplomat with a longstanding interest in bringing about Israeli-Syrian peace is fueling speculation that the Obama administration is trying to relaunch negotiations between Jerusalem and Damascus.
* Russia proves effectiveness of its naval nuclear force - Navy A recent mission involving launches of ballistic missiles from under ice proved the combat readiness of the naval component of Russia's nuclear triad.