* Warships in Suez prepare for Iran attack Israeli missile class warships sailed through the Suez Canal to the Red Sea ten days after a submarine capable of launching a nuclear missile strike.
* Israel: Syria and Iran still giving arms to Hezbollah Israel accused Iran and Syria on Thursday of contributing to a "direct and flagrant" violation of the cease-fire in Lebanon by continuing to send weapons to the Hezbollah militant group.
* Syria ready for talks with Israel Syria is ready to negotiate with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, French sources told Arab daily al-Sharq al-Awsat in a report published on Thursday.
* London publicly supports Blair for EU president post Tony Blair would have London's full backing for the new post of EU president, UK's Europe minister confirmed.
* East Europeans nervous as US courts Russia A group of prominent former Eastern European leaders wrote to President Barack Obama on Thursday that their region is gripped by anxiety that he could forget their interests as he seeks to repair ties with Russia.
* Head of Iran's nuke agency steps down Gholam Reza Aghazadeh, the head of the Iranian nuclear agency, has resigned.
* In video: When man went to the Moon A further five missions landed on the lunar surface over the course of the next two-and-a-half-years.
* World may back Iran op as part of deal A deal taking shape between Israel and Western leaders will facilitate international support for an Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.
* China grows faster amid worries China's economy grew at an annual rate of 7.9% between April and June, up from 6.1% in the first quarter, thanks to the government's big stimulus package.
* Kids TV praises Gaza mom's suicide bombing It's meant to be a children's program, but "Young Pioneers" on Hamas-run television is well-known for pushing the boundaries of what most people would deem suitable content for children.