* Georgia positive on Russia pledge The Georgian president has cautiously welcomed Russia's agreement to withdraw its troops from areas surrounding South Ossetia and Abkhazia by mid-October.
* Russia says to send nuclear warship to Caribbean Russia said on Monday it would send a heavily-armed nuclear-powered cruiser to the Caribbean for a joint naval exercise with Venezuela.
* Saudi FM wants Arabs to bridge Palestinian rifts Prince Saud Al-Faisal says during Cairo meeting that 'it's about time Arab countries take solid, decisive stance against those who shed Palestinian blood.
* Obama's Childhood: Praying to Saints and Bowing in Mosques Despite the best efforts of his aides to minimize his dual religious upbringing, the election campaign of Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama continues to be dogged by the issue.
* Hizbullah chief warns against Gaza strike Hizbullah Chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah warned Monday that if Israel "launches a war against Lebanon, Syria, Iran or Gaza, it will have thousands of scores to settle".
* Russia prepares to launch Bushehr plant The Russian state-run company building Iran's first nuclear plant said Monday that preparations for the reactor's launch had entered their final stage.
* Hamas Broadcasting from Temple Mount Hamas's Al Aqsa television network has been exclusively broadcasting nightly Ramadan prayers from the Temple Mount.
* 'Samaria Pact' condemns evacuation bill "We will stand firm against those who threaten us from home or outside, and do everything in our power to prevent the banishment of another 150,000 Jews.
* U.S. Losing Ground, Sway to Iran Iran seems to be gaining ground and influence in the Levant, much to the detriment of the United States.* Al-Qaida blasts Iran for working with US Al-Qaida marked the anniversary of the September 11 attacks Monday with an hour-and-a-half video message summarizing the state of jihad, or holy war.