* Iran military strength revealed as tensions with the UK soar-shock chart Tensions between Iran and the UK and the west have reached new highs following the seizure of the British flagged oil tanker Stena Impero, bringing the countries one step closer to conflict.
* Oil is probably the reason we won't go to war with Iran Many cynics have long contended that the real reason the U.S. entered a slew of recent wars was only to protect American oil interests.
* What's Purpose of Iraqi PM's Recent Short Visit to Iran? Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi travelled to Iran on Monday evening in an unexpected visit that lasted only for a couple of hours, holding talks with Iran's president.
* Eat Iran's Lunch Before They Have Us for Dinner Diplomatic efforts notwithstanding, the free world must realize that the threat posed by a nuclear Iran would be different from any other nation obtaining such weapons.
* No F-35 for You: One NATO Member Could Purchase Russia's Su-35 Fighter In a move that threatens to reaffirm the growing military rift between Turkey and NATO, Russia's defense industry is stepping up its efforts to sell Ankara its Su-35 fighter on the heels of the S-400 deal that saw Turkey's ejection from the F-35 program.
* Iran test-fires a ballistic missile in dramatic ratcheting of tensions in the Gulf Iran test-fired a Shahab-3 missile which travelled 680 miles from its south coast.
* Syria war: 'World shrugs' as 103 civilians killed in 10 days More than 100 people, including 26 children, have died in government attacks on hospitals, schools, markets and bakeries in the past 10 days, the UN's human rights chief said.
* Israel's latest missile attack in S. Syria hit a new Iranian intelligence post with overview of N. Israel In Israel's attack on Tal al-Hara in southern Syria early Wednesday, July 24, its surface missiles leveled a new Iranian forward intelligence station for an overview of northern Israel and parts of the eastern Mediterranean, which had just begun functioning. just 11km from the Israeli border.
* Scientists almost didn't detect approach of 'city-killer asteroid' Alan Duffy was confused. On Thursday, the astronomer's phone was suddenly flooded with calls from reporters wanting to know about a large asteroid that had just whizzed past Earth, and he couldn't figure out "why everyone was so alarmed."
* Why was the Saudi blogger attacked on the Temple Mount? Middle East expert: 'Assault on Saudi blogger is a result of a long-standing struggle between the Muslim Brotherhood and Saudi heritage.'