* ANALYSIS: Khamenei's regime in danger as Iran prepares for war Iranian pundits say that Khamenei is aware that a majority of Iranians want a Western-style democracy. Will they get it?
* Brexit: Date for vote on Theresa May's deal confirmed MPs will vote on Theresa May's Brexit deal on Tuesday, 15 January, government sources have confirmed.
* UK foreign minister Hunt: Syria's Assad will be around for a while British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt said on Thursday that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will remain in place for "a while" thanks to support from Russia, even though Britain's position was still that he remains a block to lasting peace.
* Parting of the Red Sea? Project Connecting Red Sea/Dead Sea Moving Forward Israeli Hadashot News announced on Friday that as a result of secret talks in New York between Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi and his Jordanian counterpart led to a final agreement between the two countries that will allow a project to build a canal connecting the Red Sea and the Dead Sea to move forward.
* Netanyahu Asks Trump Admin to Recognize Israeli Sovereignty over Golan Heights The Times of Israel reports: Hosting a senior aide to US President Donald Trump in Jerusalem, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday called on the administration to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
* The Palestinians' Uncivil War The biggest losers from this internal bloodletting are the Palestinians living under these leaders in the Palestinian Authority (PA) and Hamas-ruled Gaza.
* Pope appeals to EU leaders to let stranded migrants ashore Francis urged Italy, Malta leaders to stop bickering and rescue 49 migrants stuck on board ships in the Mediterranean.
* Putin, Erdogan Plan Meeting 'Soon' On U.S. Plan To Exit Syria Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan are planning to meet "soon" to discuss the announced departure of U.S. troops from Syria, where both countries also have a strong military presence.
* Netanyahu's Missed Opportunity But Israel might still emerge as a broker between the U.S. and Russia over Turkey and Iran.
* US Congress now has a map in which "Palestine" replaces Israel A map with a pasted note identifying Israel as "Palestine" is now on the wall of a new Muslim Congresswoman's office.