* Israel shuts down for Yom Kippur Roads and airwaves fall silent, but security and rescue services remain on high alert on the holiest day of the Jewish calendar.
* Watch: Why do a million Israelis flock to Jerusalem's Old City? Arutz Sheva joins a Selichot tour to take a look at an attraction that has seen skyrocketing popularity.
* Ahead of Yom Kippur, ultra-Orthodox Jews cast out sins with chickens and water Waving chickens above their heads, ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel performed the ritual of "kaparot" ahead of Yom Kippur, the most sacred day of the Jewish calendar, which begins at sundown on Tuesday.
* ANALYSIS: Crisis With Russia Will Affect Israel's Operational Capabilities in Syria A political crisis erupted between Israel and Russia on the eve of Yom Kippur after a Russian Ilyushin IL-20 aircraft was downed by a Syrian S-200 missile which was supposed to hit an Israeli F-16 fighter jet flying close to the Russian plane.
* Can a Divided Nation Learn to Forgive? The imperative to learn from our mistakes and make amends isn't consistent with intolerance for and refusing to listen to opposing views.
* Pouring the Hearts of Israel into Third Temple's Foundations As the new year begins, a look back shows that the multi-year trend of Jews ascending to the site of the Jewish Temples is growing even stronger.
* Humanitarian Concessions Will Not Reduce Hamas Violence. Here is the Evidence Israeli Minister of Defense Avigdor Lieberman appears to be accepting the argument that humanitarian gestures towards Hamas will buy quiet.
* Cleric on PA TV: Israelis like "rats burrow under the ground" of Al Aqsa Fatah repeats libel: Israel is carrying out "plan to destroy the Al-Aqsa Mosque"
* Watch: If Israel were a village of 100 persons Central Bureau of Statistics presents latest population data - with a scaled-down model for easier visualization.
* Russia accuses Israel of pushing its missing spy plane into Syrian line of fire Russia blames Israeli military planes for creating a "dangerous" situation in Latakia, by exposing its missing IL-20 spy plane to friendly Syrian missile fire that was directed against an Israeli air raid nearby on Sept. 17.