* Syrian air defenses spread out to target US as well as Israeli overflights Both US and Syria (plus pro-Iranian allies) are massing strength in the south and east for military clashes in the continuing confrontation.
* Syrian Chemical Weapons May Spill Into Israel: Foreign Ministry A classified cable sent to Israeli ambassadors by Israel's Foreign Ministry warned that Syrian dictator Bashar Assad may again utilize chemical weapons in an ongoing civil war, and such chemicals may spill over into Israel, according to Israel's Channel 10 news.
* Netanyahu Insists Israel Will Continue Bombing Syria As Needed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday rejected the idea of internationally-imposed restrictions on Israeli military action in Syria after a serious clash with Iranian and Syrian forces earlier in the week.
* Netanyahu to UN chief: Israel won't allow Iran to establish foothold in Syria 'They won't build their bases in Syria -- we'll act against that,' premier tells Guterres at Munich Security Conference.
* Iran accuses West of using lizards for nuclear spying Adviser to Khamenei says aid collectors for Palestinians sought to deploy reptiles whose skin 'attracted atomic waves'.
* Netanyahu to UN chief: Golan Heights will remain Israel's forever Attending the Munich Security Conference, PM Netanyahu meets with UN chief and stresses to him the importance Israel sees in protecting its northern border, reiterates the Golan Heights will forever remain in Israel's hands.
* Analysis: The Syrian War is now threatening world peace The U.S. strategy now is to undo the land corridor leading from the Iranian border to the Golan Heights and the Mediterranean Sea.
* IAF: F-16 shoot down was 'operational failure' Investigation into loss of F-16I during operation over Syria on Saturday suggests pilot could ordinarily have evaded aging S-200 missile.
* Ethiopia declares national state of emergency A national state of emergency has been declared in Ethiopia just one day after the unexpected resignation of Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn.
* Islamic Anti-Semitism in France: Toward Ethnic Cleansing Graffiti on Jewish-owned homes warn the owners to "flee immediately" if they want to live.