* Dramatic escalation as Iranian drone, Israeli F-16 shot down in extensive air combat The dramatic events of February 10, 2018 began when an Iranian drone taking off from the T4 base in Syria was shot down in Israeli air space by an Apache AH64 Gunship.
* Syria war: Israeli fighter jet crashes under Syria fire, military says An Israeli F-16 fighter jet has crashed amid Syrian anti-aircraft fire after an offensive against Iranian targets in Syria, the Israeli military says.
* Russian troops were involved in Iranian-Syrian clash with Israel The Syrian anti-air missiles which hit an Israeli F-16 early Saturday, Feb. 10, are part of a system operated with and commanded by the Russians from their Kheimim air base.
* Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea invites South president to Pyongyang North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un has invited South Korea's President Moon Jae-in to Pyongyang.
* Russia builds four new air bases in Syria, deploys another 6,000 troops Contrary to Moscow’s promises, the Russian military is not pulling out of Syria, but adding four more air bases (one shared with Iran) and 6,000 more troops.
* After downing of Israeli F-16, Iran warns: ‘Era of Israeli strikes over’ Tehran, Syria deny 'lies' that Iranian UAV that sparked northern clashes entered Israeli territory, insist it was gathering intel on IS; IDF issues footage of drone's destruction.
* Rouhani wants ties with Turkey to become ‘strategic’ Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a phone conversation on Thursday discussing bilateral ties and international issues.
* Erdogan, Pope Form Unholy, Anti-Trump Alliance to Control Jerusalem A meeting on Monday between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Pope Francis may have grave implications for Jerusalem as both leaders appear to be building an agenda based upon their joint opposition to US President Donald Trump’s recognition of the city as Israel’s capital.
* Has Iran Set New Rules Of Engagement For Israeli Military Action In Syria? Saturday's escalation marks the first time in more than a decade that an Israeli jet has been lost during combat.
* Israeli illustrator Michel Kichka dishes on ‘fake news’ and feeling high in NYC The internationally syndicated illustrator speaks about leaving his native Belgium and how the First Intifada spurred him to create political cartoons.