* Amona evacuation in photos Years of legal and political battles drew to their conclusion as hundreds of police entered the illegal outpost to evacuate its residents in Operation Locked Garden.
* Netanyahu welcomes US warning to Iran on ballistic missile tests PM says upcoming meeting with Trump of 'great importance' to Israel; Washington puts Tehran 'on notice' for launch.
* Watch: China warns US of nuclear war if Trump doesn't back off Due to heightened growth in military presence by China America signals warning, China replies with threats of nuclear war.
* CIA Veteran: Europe a 'Launching Pad' for ISIS to Attack the U.S. Europe serves as a "launching pad" for ISIS jihadists to initiate attacks against the United States due to the absence of a cohesive information-sharing strategy among Western nations.
* Khamenei ally says useless for U.S. to threaten Iran over missile test: Fars ANKARA (Reuters) - A top adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Thursday Iran will not yield to "useless" U.S. threats from "an inexperienced person" over its ballistic missile program.
* Ukrainian Jewish Leader Says Community in Danger of Extinction The future of Ukraine's Jewish community "doesn't look very bright" and is in danger of disappearing altogether, according to one of its leaders, who ended a four-day visit to Israel on Thursday.
* Netanyahu Announces First New Jewish Settlement in Over 25 Years Even as government forces were evacuating the unauthorized Jewish outpost of Amona, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday announced plans for the first new Jewish settlement in the "West Bank" in over 25 years.
* Palestinians demand UN action over Israeli approval of settlement homes After another 3,000 housing units okayed in West Bank, Palestinian envoy to UN decries 'extreme barrage of illegal behavior'.
* Rex Tillerson confirmed as US secretary of state Republican-led Senate approves Trump's nomination of former ExxonMobil CEO as nation's chief diplomat.
* Israel Only Free State in Middle East, Report Finds A new study on civil liberties and political freedoms worldwide by Washington think tank Freedom House found that Israel is the only "free" country in the entire Middle East, outpacing its Arab neighbors by wide margins.