* White House supports claim Putin directed US election hack The White House has suggested Russian President Vladimir Putin was directly involved in a hacking operation aimed at interfering with the US election.
* Assad says gains in Syria shared by Iran Assad made the remarks in a meeting with visiting Iranian parliamentary delegation headed by Alaeddin Boroujerdi, chairman of the Iranian Parliament National Security and Foreign Policy Committee.
* European Immigration: Mainly Muslim, Mainly Male, Mainly Young In the wake of the attack in Nice, there should have been a fulsome public discussion over what if anything can be done to ensure that people who have been in France for many years.
* ISIS strap explosives to disabled fighters in wheelchairs tasked with carrying out suicide bomb attacks Disturbing footage has emerged of ISIS soldiers strapping bombs to disabled fighters in wheelchairs.
* Five Potential Major Developments in US-Israel Relations in 2017 The onset of 2017 comes several weeks before President-elect Donald Trump takes office, ushering in a new era in the U.S.-Israel relationship.
* Israeli diplomats campaigning to deflate Paris summit Diplomatic efforts aim at heading off another UN resolution, Quartet decision.
* Turkey car bomb and gun attack on courthouse in Izmir Two attackers, a policeman and a court worker have been killed in a car bomb and gun assault on a courthouse in the Turkish city of Izmir, state media say.
* Russian hacking claims: US spy chief promises Putin motive The US intelligence chief has promised to explain why Russia allegedly meddled in the US presidential election.
* Osama bin Laden's son dubbed 'Crown Prince of terror' and tipped as future Al Qaeda leader added to terror black list Hamza Bin Laden had recently warned the West he would exact revenge for his father's death.
* Italy: Muslim sets fire to church Nativity scene Why did he want to destroy Christian symbols?