* Hamas's Fatah and the No-State Solution Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas declared that 2017 will be the "year of international recognition of the State of Palestine."
* Russian MoD releases video of its naval battle group in action near Syria The Russian Ministry of Defense has posted on YouTube a video of its naval group in the Mediterranean, headed by the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier.
* The Azaria trial and the rift over orders to shoot All three judges of an Israeli military court Wednesday, Jan. 4, unanimously found Sgt. Elor Azaria guilty of manslaughter for the fatal shooting of an injured terrorist in Hebron in March 2016, after an attack on soldiers.
* Congress to Freeze State Department Funds Until U.S. Embassy Moves to Jerusalem Bill seeks to counter Obama admin refusal to call Jerusalem Israel's capital.
* Esteemed Israeli archeologist censured at Temple Mount Gabriel Barkay was told by Arab guard and police not to refer to holy site as 'Temple Mount' during tour with college students.
* Netanyahu: 2nd UN resolution possible before Obama leaves; bars media from speech to top diplomats PM fears Paris conference will result in additional UN action; invited media to cover event but dismissed reporters after less than two minutes.
* Fatah threatens 'bloodshed' if Trump moves embassy Fatah follows Palestinian Authority lead, threatens 'return to bloodshed' if Trump goes through with promise to move US Embassy.
* Turkey extends state of emergency Turkey's parliament approves motion to extend by another three months the state of emergency imposed following failed coup attempt.
* Trump questions US intelligence as governing challenges loom Leaders of spy agencies puzzled after president-elect tweets that hearing on Russian hacking delayed.
* UK's EU envoy quits over 'muddled thinking' on Brexit British diplomats must challenge "muddled thinking" and "ill-founded arguments" on Brexit, the UK's ambassador to the EU has said in his resignation letter.