* Hamas to hold war preparation drill in Gaza The government of Hamas, which is the de-facto governing authority in Gaza, continues to build up its military capabilities in preparation for a future conflict with Israel.
* Battle for Mosul: Beating ISIS won't end Iraq's civil war, UK experts tell RT Caught in the crossfire, driven to hunger, held as human shields - civilians trapped in Mosul face a living nightmare, as coalition forces attempt to topple the last urban stronghold of ISIS in Iraq.
* Indonesia: 150,000 Muslims demand arrest of Christian governor for "blasphemy" This is the second round of protests against Ahok; earlier protests turned violent in "moderate" Indonesia.
* Obama Now "Highly Unlikely" to Push UN Israel Peace Deal President Barack Obama has "nearly ruled out" any lame-duck efforts to push a negotiation framework on Israel through the United Nations (UN), and US officials say this is largely due to Donald Trump's unexpected victory.
* Hezbollah vs ISIS vs Israel This week's attack on the Golan Heights is a reminder that regardless of which entity is winning the war in Syria.
* The EMP threat: Could Israel be blacked out? Any modern country like Israel hit by an EMP could see its critical infrastructure instantly collapse in terms of communications, water, transportation, banking, finance and food.
* Turkey's Erdogan: Israel restricting Muslim worship President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey accused Israel of restricting Muslim worship while calling on all Muslims to embrace the Palestinian cause and protect Jerusalem.
* IS group to step up attacks on Europe - Europol Europol has warned that militants from so-called Islamic State (IS) will aim to step up attacks on European targets, as they face defeat in the Middle East.
* Trump transition: Who is General 'Mad Dog' Mattis? "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
* 'We're at most dangerous moment in history of humanity,' Stephen Hawking warns The rise of Donald Trump and Britain's Brexit vote come at "the most dangerous time in the history of the human race," renowned theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking has warned.