* 'World on dangerous threshold': Gorbachev warns of nuclear threat amid intl tensions Mikhail Gorbachev has called the current state of relations between Russia and US the "collapse of mutual trust" and urged the sides to resume dialogue and push towards demilitarization and complete nuclear disarmament.
* Israel sealing off West Bank, Gaza for Yom Kippur The Israeli army announced Monday it would be sealing off the West Bank and Gaza Strip over Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement and the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, for 48 hours starting at 12:01 a.m.
* The unforgivable failure of the Yom Kippur War Op-ed: Alongside the intelligence mistake, which was a result of human error, the even greater failure in 1973 was the ignorance of the IDF's top echelon, including the chief of staff.
* Police on high alert in Jerusalem following attack and before Yom Kippur Sunday's shooting attack, which took the lives of two Israelis, caught Jerusalem Police in the midst of preparations for the High Holy Days and only served to amp up the already heightened level of alertness; as part of its preparations, the police began to break up celebrations honoring the killed terrorist in east Jerusalem while looking out for further incitement.
* Space war, Vatican knowledge of extraterrestrials revealed in Podesta emails Aliens want to help mankind but fear our violent tendencies, according to an email exchange revealed by Wikileaks.
* Uncertainty undercuts elation as first of 9,000 Ethiopians arrive in Israel 63 Falash Mura make aliya; families reunited with tears of joy.
* Ethiopia blames Egypt and Eritrea over unrest Ethiopia's information minister says groups in Eritrea and Egypt are contributing to the unrest, which has led to a six-month state of emergency.
* Archeologists: The Biblical Story Happened Right Here Next to Jerusalem, Lachish was the most important city from the time of King Rehoboam until the exile of Judea in 586 BCE.