* Putin mends broken relations with Turkey's Erdogan The leaders of Russia and Turkey have patched up a damaging quarrel, pledging to restore close economic relations.
* Israel's let-down: Putin-Erdogan hook-up with Iran The talks between Presidents Vladimir Putin and Reccep Erdogen in St. Petersburg scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 9, are causing trepidation among Israel's policy-makers and military leaders.
* Islamic Jihad calls to escalate intifada and boycott Palestinian elections "Resistance" rather than municipal elections will achieve the Palestinians' national goal of liberation, group argues.
* Palestinian Authority mulls establishing own Jerusalem municipal council Would be first major PA presence since Orient House was removed in 2001.
* Palestinian Group: Vote For Us, We Killed More Israelis! Ahead of a critical municipal election, the political party of 'moderate' Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas is soliciting support based on its prolific violence against Israelis.
* No entry to Jordan if you look Jewish Israeli tourists looking to go pray at Aaron's tomb in Jordan turned back because they were wearing Yarmulkes and carried prayer shawls.
* UN envoy concerned over World Vision funding Hamas UN envoy expresses concerns over World Vision's transfer of funds to Hamas, but also calls for fair trial for Muhammad Halabi.
* Raising Christian money for Jewish causes, star rabbi earns praise and scorn Yechiel Eckstein is a great hit with Evangelicals, but acceptance in Orthodox circles has been a far bumpier road.