* How Hebrew Almost Became the Official Language of America Had history turned out slightly different, Americans today might be speaking Hebrew rather than English. This is not as far fetched as it seems, as the original settlers to America (besides the Indians) were deeply connected to the Bible.
* When It Comes To Islam, Western Leaders Are Liars Or Idiots When it comes to the connection between Islam and violence against non-Muslims, one fact must be embraced: the majority of those in positions of leadership and authority in the West are either liars or fools, or both.
* 'If Israel leaves West Bank, PA, Jordan will collapse' Ex-Defense Minister Ya'alon also accuses Israel's leadership of engaging in "petty politics" and being interested purely in its own political survival.
* Entire region concerned about 'day after' Iran deal expires Asked by military reporters to comment on the status of the nuclear issue, Netanyahu said that the Iranian program has not vanished, and 'is far from vanishing.'
* Israel's new F-35 'Adir' takes to the skies On its maiden flight at US manufacturer Lockheed-Martin, Israel's first F-35 Lightning II "Adir" (Hebrew for "Great One") passed all tests, and is due to be delivered in December.
* Protesters torch Israeli flag outside Democratic National Convention Demonstrators burn leaflets and American flag during protest outside the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
* Pope's trip to Poland overshadowed by killing of French priest Francis is expected to visit Auschwitz during his first visit to Poland.
* Syria: Deadly IS blast rocks Kurdish city of Qamishli Forty-four people have been killed in a massive bombing in the Kurdish-controlled city of Qamishli in north-east Syria, Syrian state TV reports.
* Turkey coup attempt: Nearly 9,000 soldiers joined plot - army Turkey says 8,651 members, or 1.5%, of the nation's armed forces took part in the failed coup on 15 July.
* French MP: France is at war and must learn from Israel French parliamentarian calls on government to learn from Israel's anti-terror operations. 'We're not prepared to confront terror threat.'