* Iraq conflict: Civilians suffering 'staggering' violence - UN The UN says violence suffered by civilians in Iraq "remains staggering", with at least 18,800 killed between 1 January 2014 and 31 October 2015.
* Turkish border on brink of becoming a Russian warfront? Russian troops deploy to Syrian border town, with Turkey 'closely watching' and reinforcing amid fears of all out war.
* Fatah official praises Hitler as 'daring' for annihilating Jews Fatah leader Tawfiq Tirawi asserts infamous Nazi leader was not 'morally corrupt' but in fact 'daring.'
* Chinese president in Tehran for first visit in 14 years Xi Jinping is the first leader from six world powers to visit Islamic Republic since nuclear deal was finalized.
* Kerry: Hezbollah has 80,000 rockets, gets most of its arms from Iran Speaking in Riyadh, secretary of state says US still concerned about some Iranian activities in other countries.
* Russia denies it asked Assad to step down Spokesman for the Kremlin denies reports that Putin sent a senior intelligence official to Damascus to ask Assad to step down.
* Merkel: Anti-Semitism more widespread than we imagined German leader says 'intensive action' needed to combat phenomenon, particularly in cultures in which hatred of Jews is rampant.
* Stratcom: China Moving Rapidly to Deploy New Hypersonic Glider China conducted six successful tests of a new high-speed hypersonic glide vehicle, the most recent in November, and also recently tested an anti-satellite missile, the commander of the U.S. Strategic Command said Friday.
* Hawking: Humans at risk of lethal 'own goal' Humanity is at risk from a series of dangers of our own making, according to Prof Stephen Hawking.
* Saudis not ruling out nuclear bomb in response to Iran Saudi Foreign Minister says his country will do whatever it needs to protect its people if Iran develops a nuclear bomb.