* NATO to create new HQs in Hungary & Slovakia, boost response forces - NATO plans to boost its Response Force, the alliance’s secretary-general, Jens Stoltenberg, said, adding that two more headquarters are to be created in Eastern Europe, in Hungary and Slovakia.
* Abbas Calls for Murder, Palestinians Attack - The Palestinian Authority and its leaders, including President Mahmoud Abbas, cannot evade responsibility for the latest wave of terror attacks against Israelis in Jerusalem and the West Bank.
* "We will not live in fear in our homeland" - Jews in Old City remain defiant amid spate of attacks.
* Israel asks YouTube to pull inciting, pro-terror videos - Website removes one clip after Foreign Ministry sends complaint saying it encourages attacks against Jews, Israelis.
* Popularity for 'Putin the Shiite' Sky-High in Iraq - Iraqi Shiites are very enthusiastic about Russia's involvement in neighboring Syria; "Hajji Putin is better than Hussein Obama."
* Herzog: Gaza disengagement was ‘a mistake’ for security - Opposition leader says he opposes unilateral measures but pullout was ‘essential’ to prevent binational state.
* Jerusalem Mayor Tells Residents to Carry Guns - The stabbing and other terrorist attacks just keep coming in Jerusalem, causing a great many residents to be fearful of going outdoors at all, and certainly not daring to venture into certain parts of town.
* Tests Show ISIS Used Mustard Gas on Kurds - Blood samples show ISIS used chemical weapons in assault against Kurdish forces in Iraq.
* New French Campaign Aims to Combat Radicalization- French government ad campaign features mourning families to discourage young people from joining extremists in Syria.
* EU ministers to discuss "smart borders" - EU interior ministers are meeting in Luxembourg on Thursday (8 October) to discuss how to ramp up external border controls and expedite returns of unwanted migrants.