* China Expanding Regional Nuclear Forces New cruise, ballistic missiles increase danger of war, report says.
* Iran, Hezbollah pouring troops into Syria to prop up Assad Two senior Iranian commanders reported killed in combat against Islamic State alongside Syrian army forces.
* New Ambassador Challenges UN Chief: Denounce PA Incitement 'This reign of terror must stop,' says new envoy. 'Only cessation of incitement will alleviate this dangerous situation.'
* Turkey Warns US, Russia over Support for Syrian Kurds Turkish foreign ministry summons US, Russian ambassadors; Foreign Minister Davutoglu compares Kurdish fighters to Al Qaeda.
* US State Department unclear on Israeli intentions for Temple Mount Kerry tells PM to hold status quo 'in word and in deed.'
* Syria 'near miss' prompts US-Russia air safety talks The US and Russia are to hold new talks on air safety in Syria after it emerged combat aircraft from both nations came within miles of each other on Saturday.
* Israeli police set up East Jerusalem checkpoints Israeli forces have begun a major security operation in Arab areas of occupied East Jerusalem, after a surge in attacks by Palestinians.
* Pope asks forgiveness after sex scandals rock Vatican and Rome Pope Francis asked for forgiveness on Wednesday for scandals at the Vatican and in Rome, an apparent reference to two cases of priests and gay sex revealed this month during a major meeting of bishops.
* Israel deploys hundreds of soldiers in Jerusalem Army units to bolster security amid wave of terror attacks; police begin setting up checkpoints in city's eastern neighborhoods.
* Israel to Relax Gun Laws amid Wave of Terror Internal Security Min. announces lifting of some restrictions, says haredi teachers should be armed as terrorists see them as prime targets.