* Defense Minister bans Islamist Temple Mount activists Ya'alon's office: Murabitun and Murabatat create tension and violence, are directed by hostile Islamist organizations.
* Israel wary of Russian military build-up in Syria Syria's aging air force is largely Soviet-supplied, posing a possible scenario where similar models of jets and choppers could be flown by local and Russian pilots.
* Migrant crisis: EU's Juncker announces refugee quota plan European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has announced plans that he says will offer a "swift, determined and comprehensive" response to Europe's migrant crisis.
* Syria conflict: Rebels seize key Idlib airbase Syrian rebels have seized control of a key airbase in the north-western province of Idlib after a two-year siege.
* Turkey's Demirtas warns leaders heading towards civil war The head of the pro-Kurdish opposition HDP has accused the ruling AKP of orchestrating nationalist attacks and pushing Turkey towards civil war.
* 'Zionist regime will cease to exist in 25 years,' Khamenei vows Iran's supreme leader says his government won't negotiate with the US on any other issue.
* Queen Elizabeth II becomes longest-reigning UK monarch The Queen has thanked well-wishers at home and overseas for their "touching messages of kindness" as she becomes Britain's longest-reigning monarch.
* Palestinian TV Claims Jewish Temples a 'Myth' Official PA TV claims Jews 'invented' the Jewish temples for 'political purposes' in latest propaganda piece.
* Netanyahu to Meet Kerry in New York Prime Minister would like to meet Obama as well but an invitation has not been issued yet.
* 4 years to the day since attack, Israel reopens Cairo embassy Foreign Ministry chief attends rededication ceremony; deputy foreign minister hails move, urges warmer ties