* Iran Holds Anti-Islamic State Cartoon Contest Critics say event whitewashes Tehran's support for regional terrorism.
* France won't sign Iran deal without military site inspections Foreign minister says international forces must have access to all facilities; supreme leader refuses to permit entry to sensitive sites.
* IDF Drill Prepares for Terror Surge in Judea and Samaria Soldiers train for gamut of terror threats including mass marches on checkpoints, as IDF vows not to be 'caught off guard' again.
* Military Drills Increase Globally- War Preparations in Progress? Joint and individual military exercise drills have proliferated across the globe over the past couple of months with no sign of these occurrences abating, if anything it appears as full steam ahead.
* Archaeologist Slams 'Islamic Brutality on the Temple Mount' Archaeologist reveals ancient mosaic floor on Dome of Rock from Second Temple days damaged to degree as yet unknown.
* Blair steps down after 8 years as Quartet envoy Former British PM will now, in an informal capacity, try to strengthen relations between Israel and Arab world as way to underpin peace process.
* Same-sex marriage: Irish vote 'defeat for humanity' says Vatican official A landmark vote to allow same-sex marriage in the Republic of Ireland was a "defeat for humanity", a senior Vatican official has said.
* When Baghdad Burned: The June 1941 Farhud Massacre The fusion of Nazism and Arab nationalism in the Middle East spelled unimaginable horror for Iraq's ancient Jewish community.
* Turkish government majority unsure ahead of national poll In Turkey's general elections on June 7th, 19 parties will be competing for votes. These will include communists, liberals, Islamists and former ruling parties, to determine the composition of parliament for the next four years.
* Syria Plays Up Ties with Iran, Russia Syrian Foreign Minister declares outright that Tehran, Moscow have been aiding regime forces, have 'same views.'