* Obama summit with Gulf leaders to focus on 'aggressive' Iran, Saudi FM says "We see Iranian support for terrorist organizations and facilitating the work of terrorist organizations," FM Adel al-Jubeir says.
* Nepal earthquake: Dozens die in new tremor near Everest A major earthquake has struck eastern Nepal, near Mount Everest, two weeks after more than 8,000 people died in a devastating quake.
* Syrian army, Hezbollah advancing in border area against jihadists Al-Qaida's Nusra Front in the Qalamoun region promises to 'eradicate' Islamic State 'because there is no longer any other option.'
* Merkel to Rivlin: Nuclear agreement unlikely to be reached with Iran German chancellor reiterates Germany's commitment to Israel's security in meeting with President Rivlin.
* Syria crisis: Turkey and Saudi Arabia shock Western countries by supporting anti-Assad jihadists Joint approach by Turkey and Saudi Arabia graphically illustrates how the interests of the Sunni regional powers are diverging from those of the US in Syria.
* Ukraine crisis: John Kerry meets Putin in Russia US Secretary of State John Kerry has been meeting President Vladimir Putin during his first visit to Russia since the Ukraine crisis began in early 2014.
* Iraq: IS demolishes ruins to cover up looting New evidence shows Islamic group's destruction of historical treasures hides its theft of priceless artifacts.
* Survey Shows Quarter of US Jews Leaving Their Faith Poll reveals interesting data about US religious groups; Jews the largest minority but losing to intermarriage; Christians doing the worst.
* Report: Iran Funding Shi'ite Religious Centers in Gaza Centers tasked to spread Shi'ite Islam reportedly with Hamas approval, placing Gaza in a precarious position with Sunni allies.
* Netanyahu to returning Nepal delegation: We may need to send you back "I know that you are always prepared for the next mission wherever it may be and according to the news, that chance may be upon us," PM says.