* It's The Fourth Of July! Here's How The U.S. Is Celebrating Independence Day The United States marks 238 years as an independent nation as it celebrates the Fourth of July with fireworks, food and music.
* Netanyahu promotes 'bookends doctrine' PM lobbies for support of independent Kurdish state, strong Jordan to box in Islamic extremists.
* Fatah calls on Palestinians to attack Israeli soldiers and civilians The ruling Fatah movement, weeks after it formed a Palestinian Authority government with Hamas, has called for a revolt against Israel.
* Iraq struggles to win back Tikrit as ISIL continues march to Baghdad Iraq, despite foreign military support, continues to struggle against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
* Independence Day 2014: All is not lost - but it could be Birthdays are supposed to be times for celebration and gift-giving.
* REPORT: HOUSES OF WORSHIP DECLINING ACROSS U.S. The Atlantic reports that the number of houses of worship in the United States is declining, and there is one salient reason why: the poor economy of the country since late 2008.
* Iraq crisis: Isis rebels 'hunt opponents', say refugees Isis rebels have been methodically hunting down non-Sunnis and those opposed to the militants, refugees from the rebel-held towns have told the BBC.
* Crowds flock to Jerusalem funeral for Palestinian teenager Thousands of people have attended the funeral of a murdered Palestinian teenager in East Jerusalem amid heightened tensions with Israel.
* EU states promote settler boycott amid Israel crisis Twelve EU countries have warned investors not to do business with Israeli settler entities, amid a security crisis in Israel and Palestine.
* Third Day of Riots: Clashes on Temple Mount Counter-measures to prevent spillover from Shuafat violence fail as Arab mob clashes with police.