* Islamist fighters reportedly attempting to encircle Baghdad Iraq's dire situation has gone from bad dream to nightmare in two weeks of fighting.
* Tanks, copters and cash: Bank robberies in Mosul make ISIL 'wealthiest terrorist franchise ever' Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has seized major U.S. combat platforms in Iraq.
* EU wants stronger military industry The European Commission on Tuesday (24 June) laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
* Israel Concerned by US Failures in Iraq While the Israeli government is officially keeping mum on the advance of radical Islamist forces in Iraq, local security officials are again voicing concern over America's failures.
* Jordan, Israel cooperate in face of ISIS threat Cooperation between Israel and Jordan is growing as armed Sunni men from the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) make additional gains in Iraq.
* Hamas Summer Camp Sparks 'Lynch Mob' on Temple Mount Hundreds of Arab visitors to the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, surrounded and harassed a group of Jews visiting the site on Wednesday morning.
* Nigerian extremists kidnap 91 more people Extremists have abducted 91 more people, including toddlers as young as 3, in weekend attacks on villages in Nigeria.
* Spying Concerns, Regional Belligerence Cloud Chinese Role in Pacific Naval Exercises The U.S. military's largest international naval exercise in the Pacific begins this week.
* JCPA analyst: 1,000 Chinese jihadists training in Pakistan Some 1,000 Chinese jihadists are receiving military training at a base in Pakistan.
* Iraq PM Nouri Maliki rejects 'salvation' government raq's Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has rejected calls for a national salvation government to help counter the offensive by jihadist-led Sunni rebels.