* Hamas: Israel Will be Gone by 2022 Hamas Interior Minister Fathi Hamad marked the anniversary of the December 2008-January 2009 "Gaza War" with Israel.
* Schism in EU? Intelligence co-operate with Syria amid political freeze European security officials are working together with the Syrian government to deal with the threat of European jihadists.
* Precision-guided rockets, missiles becoming strategic threat, architect of missile defense system warns Israel's enemies are arming themselves with precision-guided heavy rockets.
* Peaceful final day of voting on new Egypt constitution The army-backed government was seeking a "Yes" vote to endorse his removal.
* Dozens killed in Iraq bomb attacks At least 73 people have been killed in a series of bombings in central Iraq.
* World Bank: Global economy at turning point The global economy is at a "turning point", the World Bank has said, as it forecasts stronger growth for 2014.
* 13,000 teens complete Hamas training camps to emulate 'suicide martyrs' The Hamas government in Gaza celebrated the graduation on Monday of paramilitary camps geared at training high-school children.
* Pope Francis's Vatican to Be Grilled by U.N. on Child Sex Abuse Pope Francis has won over many critics in his brief time as head of the Catholic Church by presenting a more humane and empathetic face of the Church.
* Anti-Gay Law Takes Effect in Africa's Most Populous Country One day after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan signed legislation criminalizing homosexuality.
* Radicalism on the rise in Europe, says EU commissioner The European Commission has said preventive action is needed to stop what it sees as spreading radicalism across the EU.