* Economic disaster looms at stroke of midnight With economic disaster looming at the stroke of midnight Thursday morning, America was left standing on the precipice.
* ISRAEL WARNS IRAN TALKS MUST NOT BE 'ANOTHER MUNICH' Israel kept up its alarmist rhetoric on talks between world powers and Iran Wednesday.
* China's Mideast clout growing amid Turkey missile deal China's likely sale of sophisticated missiles to Turkey over the objections of its NATO allies might have angered Washington and other capitals.
* Bush to Jewish leaders: I don't trust Iran to change intentions toward Israel President George W. Bush told a Jewish gathering that he did not trust the Iranian regime to change its intentions toward Israel.
* Egyptian FM: Cairo-Washington relations in turmoil Relations between the United States and Egypt are now in turmoil and the entire Middle East could suffer.
* Netanyahu: Rabin pursued peace, but did not close his eyes to dangers facing Israel Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Wednesday said on the occasion of the 18th anniversary of the murder of former prime minister Yitzhak Rabin that Israel today is obligated to carry on Rabin's mission.
* Steinitz: Incitement against Israel is part of general Palestinian culture Palestinian incitement is ruining the chances of ending the conflict.
* Livni and Erekat Weighing Land Transfer Proposal A state official has told Israel's Maariv newspaper of a land transfer proposal being discussed in talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
* Fearful of anti-Semitism, 22% of European Jews hide identity Almost a quarter of respondents in a major survey of Jews from nine European countries said they avoid visiting places and wearing symbols that identify them as Jews.
* Netanyahu: I need a partner to make peace Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu called Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday with good wishes for Id al-Adha.