* Historic Kerry-Zarif meeting signifies 'change in tone' in US-Iran relations Iran and the United States held their highest-level substantive talks in a generation.
* Israel celebrates gift of God's Word From Eilat in the south to Kiryat Shemona in the north, Israelis on Thursday marked Simchat Torah.
* Violence, Arrests in Eastern Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria Three Arab rioters were arrested for throwing rocks Friday, following disorders at the Damascus Gate.
* Hamas, Islamic Jihad call for a third intifada On the eve of PA President Mahmoud Abbas's speech at the UN General Assembly, a number of Palestinian groups called for launching a third intifada against Israel.
* Iran announces mass production of Shahed 129 drone Iran has announced on Friday that it will start mass producing a new unmanned drone with missile and bombing capabilities.
* Golden Dawn threatens to destabilise Greek government Greece's neo-fascist Golden Dawn threatens to spark snap elections by pulling all 18 of its members from the 300-seat parliament.
* UK to host Nato annual summit next year The UK is to host the annual summit of Nato members next year.
* Senator Says Politics Have Reached Civil War Levels As the clock ticks down toward a possible government shutdown, Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, isn't holding back.
* Abbas at UN: End 'settler terrorism' and seize 'last chance' of peace Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday called prospects for peace "dispiriting and bleak.""