* US, Russia to hold Syria talks in Geneva next week Senior US and Russian officials will meet the international mediator on Syria.
* New Iranian president tied to Jewish center bombing Former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad might be famous for wanting to kill Jews, but his predecessor, the allegedly "moderate" Hassan Rohani, has apparently actually done so.
* Security guard shoots, kills man at Western Wall A Jewish man was killed on Friday morning at the Western Wall plaza in Jerusalem after being shot multiple times by a security guard.
* Egypt Islamists mass in Cairo as tensions mount Tens of thousands of Egyptian Islamists gathered for a show of strength in Cairo on Friday.
* One Million March in Mass Protest in Brazil An estimated one million people protested in the streets of Brazil on Thursday.
* UFO sightings: Files explain why MoD closed down special desk The Ministry of Defence closed its UFO desk because it served "no defence purpose" and was taking staff away from "more valuable defence-related activities".
* Despite world's highest per capita military spending, Gulf states can't defend themselves Gulf Cooperation Council states have reached the highest level of military spending per capita in the world.
* 'They are killing each other': Western weapons for Syrian rebels will intensify war The US decision to arm the Syrian rebels fighting government troops has sparked feuds among various rebel factions dominated by radical Islamist fighters.
* Kerry to defend Syria policy in Mideast visit US Secretary of State John Kerry will confront concerns Saturday from Mideast and European allies.
* IDF completes major navy, ground, air force drill The IDF completed a major combined forces drill on Thursday which began at the start of the week.