* Weeklong protests crack Turkey's international image A violent police crackdown on a small environmental sit-in at Istanbul's central Taksim Square has done more than spawn a week of protests across the country.
* UN: Russia Can't Take Part in Golan Heights Force The United Nations said on Friday that Russia cannot send troops to the Golan Heights peacekeeping force.
* NATO data: Assad winning the war for Syrians' hearts and minds After two years of civil war, support for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad was said to have sharply increased.
* PA Arabs Fete 'New Mahdi," Establishment of Calpihate Thousands of PA Arabs participated in a mass rally in Ramallah earlier this week.
* Al-Qaida leader calls for Jihad against Israel Al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri urged Syrians to unite to bring down President Bashar Assad.
* Paris museum opens exhibit of Palestinian 'martyrs' A Paris museum subsidized by the French government opened an exhibition of photos of Palestinian suicide bombers, which the museum calls freedom fighters.
* Russia permanently deploys Navy in Mediterranean Russia has deployed a naval unit to the Mediterranean Sea.
* Hezbollah a bunch of 'Iranian-controlled killers' The Lebanese terror group Hezbollah is causing an uproar in the Muslim world over its involvement in the Syrian conflict.
* Chinese leader Xi Jinping joins Obama for summit Chinese President Xi Jinping and US President Barack Obama have begun a two-day summit in California.
* 'Racism' or extinction Once again we hear voices crying out that Israel is a "racist" state.