* Syrian Army Retakes Quneitra Syrian regime forces on Thursday retook the Quneitra crossing, the only crossing along the Israel-Syria ceasefire line in the Golan Heights.
* Concern after UN Golan Pullout: Hizbullah on Two Fronts? Syrian rebels on Thursday briefly seized the only crossing along the Israel-Syria ceasefire line on the Golan, before regime forces recaptured it using tanks.
* Russia permanently deploys Navy in Mediterranean Russia has deployed a naval unit to the Mediterranean Sea.
* Syria conflict: Army 'retakes Golan Heights crossing' The Syrian army has taken control of a UN-monitored crossing in the Golan Heights that had been overrun by rebel forces.
* Turkey clashes: Thousands rally as PM Erdogan returns Thousands of supporters of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan have greeted him at Istanbul airport on his return from a North African tour.
* Putin: Russia can replace Austria in UN Golan force Russia is ready to replace peacekeepers from Austria in the Golan Heights, President Vladimir Putin said.
* Thousands turn out for Tel Aviv Gay Pride Parade A record-breaking 100,000 people from Israel and abroad took part in the annual Tel Aviv Gay Pride Parade Friday.
* US calls for restraint from Israel, Syria US State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki warned both Israel and Syria to avoid any rash action that might jar a volatile situation along the Israeli-Syrian border.
* Chinese leader Xi Jinping set for Obama summit Chinese President Xi Jinping has arrived in California for summit talks with US President Barack Obama.
* Turkey protests: Erdogan rejects EU criticism Turkey must investigate the excessive use of force by police against anti-government protesters, a senior EU official has said in Istanbul.