* China's power plays in the Middle East The Chinese New Year - the Year of the Snake - began auspiciously for the People's Republic this week with China eclipsing the US as the world's biggest trading nation.
* Behind the Lines: Conquest through proselytizing A new documentary exposing an extensive Muslim Brotherhood network in the United States and systematic attempts by members to disguise its existence has been released.
* Meteor strike injures hundreds in central Russia Most of those hurt, in the Chelyabinsk region where the meteor fell, suffered cuts and bruises but at least 46 remain in hospital.
* Released Lebanese Terrorist: Kill Collaborators with Israel A terrorist who was released by Israel in a swap with the Hizbullah terror group has called to kill anyone who is caught collaborating with Israel.
* Nuclear weapons expert: North Korea's progress poses serious threat Following North Korea's nuclear test on Tuesday, nuclear security expert Joe Cirincione tells On the Radar that North Korea's main motivation is to gain stature.
* US Senate Republicans block vote to confirm Hagel Republican lawmakers succeeded on Thursday in delaying a Senate vote on confirming President Barack Obama's choice of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary.
* Not even the Nazis did what Assad's doing, says ex-Syrian PM The former prime minister of Syria delivered a harsh critique of the country's president during an interview with al-Arabiya Friday.
* Widespread Palestinian rioting erupts in West Bank Widespread rioting erupted in the West Bank on Friday in support of hunger striking Palestinian prisoners.
* Egypt Islamists rally against violence, for sharia Thousands of Islamists protested in Cairo on Friday against violence that has marred anti-government demonstrations.
* Kerry: Syria Death Toll May Have Reached 90,000 U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Thursday the death toll in Syria may have reached 90,000.